Emgality 300 mg: An FDA-approved treatment and dose specifically for your patients with episodic cluster headache1
Recommended dosing with no titration required1a
300 mg administered as 3 consecutive subcutaneous (SC) injections of 100 mg each, at the onset of the cluster period, and then monthly until the end of the cluster period.
- 300 mg dose; this comes in 3 x 100 mg prefilled syringes
- These 3 syringes are administered subcutaneously, one after another
- Patients begin treatment at the onset of a cluster period
- Patients take this 300 mg dose every month until their cluster period ends
Please review full Instructions for Use with your patients.
Hypothetical dosing example1
A patient with cluster periods lasting 7 weeks
Consider having patients fill their prescription for their upcoming cluster cycle while they are in remission.
Advise patients to1,4:
- Store product refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) in the original carton to protect it from light until use
- Check expiration date on product prior to use
SELECT IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Emgality is contraindicated in patients with serious hypersensitivity to galcanezumab-gnlm or to any of the excipients.