agreed that the Emgality Pen was easy to use.
were confident in their ability to use the Emgality Pen.
Abbreviated steps for injecting the Emgality Pen
Leave the pen at room temperature for 30 minutes before injecting. Wash your hands, select an injection site, clean it with an alcohol wipe, and let it dry before you inject. Inspect the pen and the medicine. Make sure the pen is locked and the base cap is on until you inject.
1. Uncap the pen
Twist off base cap and throw it away. Do not put the base cap back on, as this could damage the needle. Do not touch the needle.
2. Place and unlock
Place the clear base flat and firmly at the injection site and unlock the pen.
3. Press, hold, and listen
Press and hold the teal button. Listen for a loud click. Keep holding the pen against your skin. After about 10 seconds, you will hear a second click. That means the full dose has been delivered.
Do not inject Emgality until your healthcare provider has shown you how to prepare and inject.
Prefilled syringes are also available. Talk to your doctor about which type of device is right for you.
The most common side effects of Emgality were injection site reactions such as pain, redness, and itching.
When taking Emgality, please remember:
- Before you inject for the first time, your healthcare provider should show you how to prepare and inject Emgality
- Leave the pen (with the cap on) at room temperature for 30 minutes before injecting
- Do not microwave the pen, run it under hot water, shake it, freeze it, or leave it in direct sunlight
- You can inject in your abdomen (at least 2 inches away from belly button) or front of thighs (at least 2 inches above the knee and 2 inches below the groin). Another person can inject in the back of your arm or buttocks.
- Rotate the injection site
After using your Emgality Pen, dispose of it safely in a sharps container. Do not throw the Emgality Pen in the trash. If you do not have a puncture-resistant container with a secure lid, order a free one here.
If you have additional questions, call your doctor or call the Emgality Answers Center at 1-833-EMGALITY (1-833-364-2548), Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 8 PM ET. Our healthcare professionals are ready to walk you through the injection process and answer any questions you may have as you get started on Emgality.