Emgality comes in an easy-to-use, self-injectable pen that can be used in the comfort of your home
*Emgality is for adults only. For patients with migraine, your first dose will be a loading dose of 240 mg, or 2 injections of 120 mg each, which may be administered in your doctor’s office, or on your own. After that, you can inject 1 dose, or injection, on your own each month.
3 basic steps to inject with the Emgality Pen
Before you inject for the first time, your healthcare provider should show you how to prepare and inject Emgality.
Leave the pen at room temperature for 30 minutes before injecting. Wash your hands, select an injection site, clean it with an alcohol wipe, and let it dry before you inject. Inspect the pen and the medicine. Make sure the pen is locked and the base cap is on until you inject.
For migraine, a 120 mg prefilled syringe is also available. Talk to your doctor about which type of device is right for you.
The most common side effects of Emgality were injection site reactions such as pain, redness, and itching.
Watch this video to learn how to inject Emgality
Click "continue" to watch this video hosted on YouTube.
When taking Emgality, please remember:
- Before you inject for the first time, your healthcare provider should show you how to prepare and inject Emgality
- Leave the pen (with the cap on) at room temperature for 30 minutes before injecting
- Do not microwave the pen, run it under hot water, shake it, freeze it, or leave it in direct sunlight
- You can inject in your abdomen (at least 2 inches away from belly button) or front of thighs (at least 2 inches above the knee and 2 inches below the groin). Another person can inject in the back of your arm or buttocks
- Rotate the injection site