Experience once-monthly dosing during an episodic cluster headache cycle
Take Emgality 300 mg at the beginning of your cluster headache cycle
One 300 mg dose of Emgality comes in 3 prefilled syringes
Take one dose (three syringes) of Emgality at the beginning of your episodic cluster headache cycle. Continue to take Emgality once a month until your cycle ends.
Get a treatment you deserve. Ask your doctor about Emgality 300 mg today.
- One dose (300 mg) comes in 3 prefilled syringes
- Administer the 3 injections (100 mg each) one after the other
- Continue to take monthly until the end of the cluster cycle
Stay prepared with Emgality
Keep Emgality on hand to be ready for your next cluster headache cycle
Be sure to:
- Refrigerate product at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C) and in the original carton to protect it from light until use.
- Check expiration date on product prior to use.
Select Safety Information
Before you use Emgality, tell your healthcare provider if you are:
- pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Emgality will harm your unborn baby
- breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Emgality passes into breast milk
- taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements
3 key steps to inject Emgality 300 mg
Prior to injecting, choose an area for injection: the abdomen or thigh if self-injecting, or buttocks or back of upper arm if another person is injecting. Be sure not to inject in the exact same spot each time. Always clean the injection site with an alcohol wipe and let it dry before injecting.
1. Uncap the syringe
2. Gently pinch and hold a fold of skin and insert the needle at a 45-degree angle
3. Inject slowly until the gray syringe plunger is pushed to the needle end of the syringe
These are the abbreviated steps for using the prefilled syringe. When injecting Emgality, please refer to the Instructions for Use that comes with your prefilled syringe.
Before you inject for the first time, your healthcare provider should show you how to prepare and inject Emgality. Visit the following link: Instructions for Use 100 mg Syringe for Episodic Cluster Headache
Select Safety Information
The most common side effects of Emgality include injection site reactions.
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or does not go away. These are not all the possible side effects of Emgality.
Helpful injection information
- Before you inject for the first time, your healthcare provider should show you how to prepare and inject Emgality
- Leave the syringe (with the cap on) at room temperature for 30 minutes before injecting
- Do not microwave the syringe, run it under hot water, shake it, freeze it, or leave it in direct sunlight
- You can inject Emgality in your abdomen (at least 2 inches away from the belly button) or the front of your thighs (at least 2 inches above the knee and 2 inches below the groin). Another person can inject in the back of your arm or buttocks
- Choose a different injection site each time you inject