Episodic cluster headache
3 key steps to inject
Prior to injecting, choose an area for injection: the abdomen or thigh if self-injecting, or buttocks or back of upper arm if another person is injecting. Be sure not to inject in the exact same spot each time. Always clean the injection site with an alcohol wipe and let it dry before injecting.
1. Uncap the syringe
2. Gently pinch and hold a fold of skin and insert the needle at a 45-degree angle
3. Inject slowly until the gray syringe plunger is pushed to the needle end of the syringe
IMPORTANT: These are the abbreviated steps for using the prefilled syringe. When injecting Emgality, please refer to the Instructions for Use that comes with your prefilled syringe.
Before you inject for the first time, your healthcare provider should show you how to prepare and inject Emgality. Visit the following link: Instructions for Use 100 mg Syringe for Episodic Cluster Headache.
Select Safety Information
The most common side effects of Emgality include injection site reactions.
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or does not go away. These are not all the possible side effects of Emgality.
Watch this video to learn how to inject Emgality 300 mg
Helpful injection information:
- Before you inject for the first time, your healthcare provider should show you how to prepare and inject Emgality
- Leave the syringe (with the cap on) at room temperature for 30 minutes before injecting
- Do not microwave the syringe, run it under hot water, shake it, freeze it, or leave it in direct sunlight
- You can inject Emgality in your abdomen (at least 2 inches away from the belly button) or the front of your thighs (at least 2 inches above the knee and 2 inches below the groin). Another person can inject in the back of your arm or buttocks
- Choose a different injection site each time you inject
IMPORTANT: These are not the complete instructions for using your syringes. Please see Instructions for Use that comes with your syringes or visit Emgality.com.